“I’m very excited to share our experience with the flavors and cooking that we grew up with – as well as take this experience to the next level by being welcoming of families and providing the best possible service to create a great experience.”
– George Muñoz
First of all – we’re operating in a safe manner to protect all our customers and staff. Fans of Festiva, Indianapolis’ premiere Mexican restaurant will continue to be wowed in the 2020s and beyond!
We have fresh, full flavors that will change the way you think about Mexican food. Many dishes are available family style, in a festive atmosphere for diners. We are proud to be family friendly! For your every-day celebrations, our carefully stocked bar offers margaritas, wines, beers, and more.
1. George is in the house. Festiva’s is managed and run by restaurant veteran George Munoz, of Adobo Grill and most recently cult favorite La Chinita Poblana, as the operating partner. We’re very excited to share George’s experience with the flavors and cooking that he grew up with – this means authentic Mexican cuisine and vibrant food and drinks.
2. Families are welcome. Becoming family friendly has been a key part of broadening the audience and attracting families with a taste for Mexican Cuisine. As part of this initiative, George has added a kids menu that provides actual Mexican food that children can enjoy – as opposed to the traditional chicken tenders and fries approach.
3. Book Online. Logistically the restaurant has moved to Guestlist, to provide a limited reservation capability to those people who are most comfortable with an advance reservation.
4. Covid Safe. We are sanitizing to meet the highest standards and taking all necessary precautions. We are also seating at 50% capacity to ensure that we protect our customer and our team.
5. Curbside PickUp is in Effect. You can order all our food – including our cocktails to go!
Festiva’s reviews have been superlative!
“Decorated like a fantastic backyard party, with sunny splashes of yellow and blue and a pass-through bar that opens onto an enclosed all-seasons patio, Festiva adds a pop of color and energy to its little patch of East 16th Street.” Indianapolis Monthly declared Festiva one of the Top 10 restaurants in the city!
Indy Star’s Liz Biro wrote about her first bites at Festiva:
“Small, affordable menus make this neighborhood spot worth visiting a few nights a week… the most balanced mezcal cocktail I’ve sampled.”
Nuvo wrote about Festiva’s roots in their glowing article:
“… Festiva has the opportunity to set itself apart in the neighborhood with its three-way alcohol license (beer, wine and liquor). The bar program is looking to match the quality of the food program with Jason Foust (from North End BBQ & Moonshine) as the Beverage Director.”
MSN crowned Festiva “the best Mexican restaurant in the state” in their superlative article featuring the best Mexican eateries across the U.S.A.
Dating Experts website ranked Festiva as one of the 23 Top Dating Spots in Indianapolis (According to Couples)– #5!